lauantai 1. syyskuuta 2012

Your Brain, My Controller.

Hello hello!
Here again with my blog. It took a little time to figure out from what I'm gonna write this time.
But then it hit me: Scientists Successfully Hack Brain To Obtain Private Data.
@ http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2012/08/25/scientists-successfully-hack-brain-to-obtain-private-data/

After reading a bit from the site, I took intrest in the equipment. And it seems the product is quite old. And I remember reading from this "Emotiv" EEG device a few years back.

So here is a quick tour for you to the consept and technology behind it:


Btw, I love TED channel and it's videos. You'll see me referencing there a lot in the future.

After and during the research, my mind was filled with the wildest ideas to put this to use. Head-apparatus with the sowtware costs only 299$. Thats amazing! Conserning the appiability of the device. Medical application of being able to use computers and other home appliences with just your brain. Within games to let your brain control few selected actions to improve peformace. And as an Android developer, using it to change presentation sheets with just a flick of your finger during "out of office" conferences. Just take your Android device with your presentation in it and plug it in on the projector, put emotiv over your head and take the stage!

The configuration is easy too. Bind your wanted command to what you are thinking.
Image just about dying in the game of Diablo III and the command "OH F**K!" inside your head uses up a healing potion to save you from the situation.

I think the games Emotiv headset is used to play right now are too much based on the brain as a controller. I'd love to see and applicate a hybrid, using your brain to help on a sticky situation, and as said to improve on performance. If this comes to the hands of big time gamedevelopers. I see the second coming of The Matrix-games. Where you can be Neo, in training. Using your brain commands to slow time and stop bullets.

Where would you use the "brain controller"?
What do you think of the product in general?
Do you think we'll be seeing a lot of these in the future?

Thanks for reading! :)
See you next week! Or sooner you you guys have someting juicy for me to write about!

PS. I realised, I kinda neglected the Scientists hacking your brain stuff. But I'm not one to hype about negative stuff on my blog. There is a possibility to enhace the technology and It could be dangerous in the wrong hands. But then again, nuclear weaponry is a thing.
Before we can make accusations using EEG as a basis, it needs to be common and public knowledge, that we all have impulses of thoughts. And it's not what we think that define us, but how we decide to act. Emphasis on the DECIDE. That's all I have to say about that.

- Juho


2 kommenttia:

  1. "inside you'r head"
    That should be "inside your head", not "inside you are head".
    "PS. I relised"
    On this I'm calling a typo. What you most likely meant, is "realized" or "realised" depending on if you're trying to write american english or british english (in that order, too).

    Apart from the points above, great write on Emotiv. I've been oogling it for pretty much the same reasons earlier :)

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thanks for the typo check :) Money always is an issue though. Even tough 300$ is reasonable.

      Poista